POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
APPOINTED BY: National Director
RESPONSIBLE TO: National Communications Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: Full time, Permanent
SALARY RANGE: $60k-$70k base + super + salary packaging
LOCATION: 53/2 O’Connell St Parramatta NSW 2150
*potential relocation to Sydney CBD mid-2023
Frontier Services is Australia’s oldest bush charity working nationally with people in remote areas of Australia. Through Bush Chaplaincy and our Outback Links volunteer program, we provide practical, pastoral and spiritual care to people doing it tough in isolated areas including First Nations, farming and mining communities.
Frontier Services is an agency of the Uniting Church in Australia. The Uniting Church is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia.
Reporting to the National Communications Manager, the purpose of this newly created role is to support outbound marketing, fundraising and communication activities to achieve increased organisational impact. Frontier Services relies entirely on the generosity of our supporters and the community to help us deliver our vital programs to those in need, and our Communications team plays a vital role in developing this support with the Australian public.
Frontier Services is looking for a full-time marketing coordinator to join our team. If you are well organised, creative, have excellent communication skills and are good with both computers and people, we’d love to hear from you.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Collect and produce engaging content – including interviews with stakeholders and program support recipients – that conveys our key messages and reflects our brand;
- Contribute to the development of a marketing and communications calendar in line with organisational priorities;
- Collaborate with Programs and Fundraising teams to support the development of marketing and communications activities;
- Update and maintain digital content and the brand’s online presence, including the website and on social media;
- Assist in identifying and coordinating media opportunities to support donor and volunteer acquisition and expansion of our brand presence;
- Liaise with external suppliers, including graphic designers and printers, to assist with production of marketing collateral;
- Report on communications and marketing activities, marketing metrics and outcomes;
- Support research into advocacy and policy areas to inform our communications;
- Support marketing and communications needs at field activities;
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Frontier Services and the Uniting Church in Australia;
- Conduct all work activities in line with policy and procedures relating to workplace health and safety;
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment for both yourself and others;
- Have a willingness to work a flexible schedule when required;
- Have the ability to travel within Australia as required; and
- Undertaking additional duties as required.
Key Measures of Success include:
- Support the development of high quality and engaging content;
- Positively promote Frontier Services and The John Flynn Foundation to external audiences, to increase reach and engagement;
- Deliver to key project milestones, such as print and lodgement dates;
- Effectively and efficiently manage the use of communication platforms;
- Develop productive working relationships.
Key Stakeholders Relationships
- Frontier Services Staff
- Frontier Services Board
- Bush Chaplains
- Donors and volunteers
- Congregations and community groups
- Assembly, Synod and Presbytery staff whose roles connect with our work
- External bodies and organisations relevant to the work of Frontier Services
- Partner agencies
Position Specific Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written
- High attention to detail with excellent proof-reading skills and high-quality outputs
- Familiarity with social media, video filming, video editing & content production;
- Ability to create copy and content for emails, social media, web and video
- Ability to spot emerging marketing and fundraising trends
- Strong organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a close-knit team and form strong relationships
- Permanent working rights in Australia, with no restrictions.
- Ability to use web content platforms (e.g., WordPress) and/or multimedia editing software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Canva)
- Experience with CRM databases – preferably Salesforce
- Some familiarity with/understanding of the social, environmental, political and spiritual landscape, including the challenges and opportunities of rural and remote Australia
- An understanding of the Uniting Church, its ethos and structure.
Relevant employment clearances (including National Police Check and Working With Children Check) will be required upon appointment.
PREPARED BY: National Communications Manager
APPROVED BY: National Director